Wednesday 17 October 2012

Unit 1 Cinematic Spaces: Thumbnails, Angel Redesign

My last thumbnails I felt the angel didn't seem innocent enough, or motherly, caring. She had a sort of seductive vibe, so she needed redesigning.
I drew to Sailor Moon for inspiration, as I was thinking who, to me, is most innocent. My child-hood hero, of course!
So, I basically used this pose in my angel design.


Below, after sketching the pose (which I feel needs a re-do, but for the sake of thumbnails and just planning..), I wanted to find suitable hair for an angel.


Above, in the book, the angel has her face covered.

Designing wings, for 3, I took the right wing of 3 and duplicated it. 

 Dropping her into a very roughly sketched background.. It's pretty much the same as last design. I feel this set needs to be revised, but I'm running out of time, and there are more neglected scenes.
With quick shading and tones added

I feel the colours above are most successful but least true to the book. 

And, of course, this is most true to the book, but least successful. It is too dim. The light needs to be more blue and more vibrant. 

Still hitting my head against the wall for ideas regarding the magical fire scene!

1 comment: