Thursday 31 January 2013

Unit 3, Story Telling: First attempt at story boarding my story...

OK.
SO!! Here is my first attempt at story boarding! Yes, yes. It's very long. It's 80 shots long. I know I will have to reduce it, cut it down, but a lot of these shots won't even be a second long. I got very into the story when boarding it, it's so exciting. But, it's far from perfect. (Characters and designs not final, still being designed.)
Super rough sketches, but I hope you can understand it..













5 comments:

  1. WELL DONE, LUCY!!! This is the difficult bit done and dusted - time to to really fine tune and ensure all your shots are working as hard as they can to convey your story. One thing; it's looks as if the penguin actually helps remove the ring from the finger - as if he slides it off? Maybe this isn't what the panel is saying, and I'm reading it wrong, but I don't think your penguin should be nicking stuff actively - just collecting and keeping stuff. You know I also think the penguin's 'outfit' should be more obviously emulative of parrots; so he was more feathers attached to him - maybe think about giving him a tail-feather attachment, for example... anyway, great, great, great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :D You're right about the scene where he slips off the ring, I will re-do this part (It'll also help shorten it :D) I'm still unsure of the penguins design, I will have fun really making him fabulous. Thank you so much for your feedback :D

      Delete
  2. Omg, so many cute drawings! This is looking really amazing and exciting!
    I can't wait to see more drawings and designs from you ; ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your storyboarding, Lucy :) It is very clear. I can tell exactly what is going on in your story :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so easy to read Lucy! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete